TAP - Temporary Assistance Program
PWC Service Authority
(Applying for and Receiving Assistance from TAP, please click here)
HELP NEIGHBORS IN NEED, CONTRIBUTE TO TAP
The Authority's Temporary Assistance Program helps local families in need of emergency financial assistance. TAP funds are directed to two local Prince William County charitable organizations, ACTS and Serve, to distribute to customers needing emergency assistance with paying their Service Authority bills.
DONATING TO TAP
Contributions in any amount are appreciated and will provide critical support to TAP. The Service Authority absorbs all administrative costs of the program, so donors can be assured that 100% of their contributions are going towards helping their neighbors in need.
Participating customers and non-customers may select one of three ways to help:
- Round-Up donation: Customers may authorize the Service Authority to “round up” their monthly bill to the next even dollar. For example, if the monthly bill is $49.54, it is rounded up to $50.00 and the additional .46 cents is contributed to TAP.
Total contributions under this method will average approximately $6 per year.
- Fixed Monthly donation:Customers may authorize the Service Authority to add a recurring monthly donation of $5, $10, $15 or $20 to their monthly bill.
Total contributions each year under this method would be $60, $120, $180 or $240, depending on the selected monthly recurring donation amount.
- One-Time donation:Customers and non-customers are welcome to make a one-time donation to TAP at any time.
All donations to TAP are tax-deductible in accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations. Donors should consult with their tax advisor with questions regarding their specific tax situation. Service Authority customers who contribute to TAP can track their donations on their monthly bills, and they may opt out of the program at any time.
To participate in TAP, please choose one of the following:
- TAP Signup (On-line)
- One-Time Contribution Form (Download a PDF to mail in)
- Contact our Customer Service Department at (703) 335-7950
Service Authority customers seeking assistance from ACTS and Serve in order to pay their water and sewer bills must meet the following minimum criteria:
- The applicant must be a residential customer with a documented impending disconnection of service.
- The applicant must be the Service Authority account holder.
- The applicant must meet any additional criteria required by ACTS or Serve policies.
TAP has the following payment restrictions:
- The maximum assistance that can be provided for any one account at any given time is as follows:
- $30 towards water charges, and
- $50 towards sewer charges
- TAP funds may not be used towards peak charges, penalties, late fees, or other charges.
- TAP funds may only be used to pay towards a specific Service Authority account not more than two (2) times each calendar year, and not sooner than five (5) months since a prior TAP assistance payment.
- TAP assistance payments are made directly to the Service Authority on the behalf of the customer by ACTS or Serve.
Service Authority customers seeking assistance must apply directly to ACTS or Serve.
ACTS provides service to PWC residents located in the eastern portion of the county who live in the following zip codes only: Dumfries (22025, 22026), Triangle (22172), Quantico (22134), Woodbridge (22191, 22192, 22193) and Occoquan (22125).
SERVE provides service to PWC residents located in the western portion of the county.
For customers in a disconnect status, the Service Authority must receive a confirmed pledge(s) for the past due balance directly from the charitable organization prior to service restoration.