Emergency Dispatch: (703) 335-7990

Customer Service: (703) 335-7950


English Korean Spanish Vietnamese

TAP - Temporary Assistance Program

Help Neighbors in Need, Contribute to TAP

The Service Authority's Temporary Assistance Program helps local families in need of emergency financial assistance. TAP funds are directed to two local Prince William County charitable organizations to distribute to customers needing emergency assistance with paying their Service Authority bills; SERVE, a unit of Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS), and ACTS.


Contributions in any amount are appreciated and will provide critical support to TAP. The Service Authority absorbs all administrative costs of the program, so donors can be assured that 100% of their contributions are going towards helping their neighbors in need.

Participating customers and non-customers may select one of three ways to help:

  • Round-Up donation: Customers may authorize the Service Authority to “round up” their monthly bill to the next even dollar. For example, if the monthly bill is $49.54, it is rounded up to $50.00 and the additional .46 cents is contributed to TAP.

Total contributions under this method will average approximately $6 per year.

  • Fixed Monthly donation: Customers may authorize the Service Authority to add a recurring monthly donation of $5, $10, $15 or $20 to their monthly bill.

Total contributions each year under this method would be $60, $120, $180 or $240, depending on the selected monthly recurring donation amount.

  • One-Time donation: Customers and non-customers are welcome to make a one-time donation to TAP at any time.

All donations to TAP are tax-deductible in accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations. Donors should consult with their tax advisor with questions regarding their specific tax situation. Service Authority customers who contribute to TAP can track their donations on their monthly bills, and they may opt out of the program at any time.

To participate in TAP, please choose one of the following:

  • Contact our Customer Service Department  

    Phone: (703) 335-7950, Email: CustomerService@pwcsa.org


Applying for and Receiving Assistance from TAP

Service Authority customers seeking assistance from ACTS and SERVE in order to pay their water and sewer bills must meet the following minimum criteria:

  • The applicant must be a residential customer with a documented impending disconnection of service.
  • The applicant must be the Service Authority account holder.
  • The applicant must meet any additional criteria required by ACTS or SERVE policies.

TAP has the following payment restrictions:

  • The maximum assistance that can be provided for any one account at any given time is $150.
  • TAP funds may not be used towards peak charges, penalties, late fees, or other charges.
  • TAP funds may only be used to pay towards a specific Service Authority account not more than two (2) times each calendar year. TAP funds may be used not sooner than four (4) months since a prior TAP assistance payment.
  • TAP assistance payments are made directly to the Service Authority on the behalf of the customer by ACTS or SERVE.
  • Any TAP funds used to pay an advanced payment will be held on the customer account by the Service Authority, and will be applied to the final bill on the account. At that time, any refund of the advanced payment will be paid to the account holder. Service Authority customers seeking assistance must apply directly to ACTS or SERVE.

P O Box 74
Dumfries, VA 22026

ACTS provides service to PWC residents located in the eastern portion of the county who live in the following zip codes only: Dumfries (22025, 22026), Triangle (22172), Quantico (22134), Woodbridge (22191, 22192, 22193) and Occoquan (22125).

10056 Dean Drive
Manassas, VA 20110

SERVE is a unit of Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS), a private, nonprofit community service organization dedicated to helping individuals and families find new paths to self-reliance and brighter futures.

For customers in a disconnect status, the Service Authority must receive a confirmed pledge(s) for the past due balance directly from the charitable organization prior to service restoration.